|Job Type||Conveyancing Assistant|
Eventus Legal are seeking a Conveyancing Assistant Leeds with experience in providing administrative and clerical support to fee earners in the practice. The successful candidate will be responsible to the Head of Residential Property and ensure the successful development of both the department and the firm in line with the annual and 5 year business plans.
The role of the Conveyancing Assistant in Leeds is a permanent position.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 12 months sale and purchase experience in a similar role and ideally have knowledge in conveyancing.
You will have a flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude. The successful candidate will have excellent written English to produce documents for clients, court and other parties, as well as, good spoken English to resolve telephone enquiries. You will have a satisfactory absence record or sound justification for high absenteeism and able to promote the image of the firm.
1. Providing support to fee earners, solicitors and partners.
2. Dealing with matters at all stages under supervision, from taking the client’s initial instructions through to archiving, in accordance with office and accounts procedures.
3. Opening new files and inputting new instructions onto the Case Management system and producing relevant letters and documents.
4. Dealing with incoming post where appropriate.
5. Liaising with clients and other parties on behalf of fee earners and dealing with telephone, written and face to face enquiries as appropriate.
6. Updating the Case Management system in accordance with team procedures as the matter progresses.
7. General administration duties including filing, billing, faxing, photocopying, sorting post and archiving.
8. Maintain diaries and make appointments when required
9. Maintaining legal knowledge and skills
10. Contribute to maintaining a safe and healthy working environment
11. Contribute to maintaining and improving office procedures
12. Any other duties which from time to time are required by the firm
The successful candidate will ideally have knowledge of conveyancing and demonstrate the following skills:
1. Good keyboard skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
2. Literate and numerate.
3. Ability to work accurately in accordance with the requirements of the team.
4. Ability to deal with enquiries in a customer-friendly and effective manner.
5. Ability to work under pressure.
6. Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
7. Ability to work on own initiative.
8. Ability to work as a member of a team.
9. Ability to work confidentially.
You will be joining an incredibly supportive and team orientated organisation located in Leeds. The firm is very highly regarded. A competitive salary is offered.
Next Steps to apply for the role of Conveyancing Assistant Leeds
If you are interested in learning more about this Conveyancing Assistant Leeds role, please send your CV to Amy Watson at The Eventus Recruitment Group at email@example.com or call 0113 418 2494 for a confidential discussion.
Eventus Legal is part of The Eventus Recruitment Group and recruits talented legal professionals for Private Practice and In-House organisations throughout the UK and in particular, across the North West, Yorkshire, North East, Derbyshire and East Midlands regions on both a permanent and contract basis. Flexible working opportunities are also available. Eventus Legal are currently recruiting for a large number of legal roles across the UK on both a permanent and temporary basis, including flexible working. Please consult our job page for listings.
Eventus is Latin for “Results” and our main aim is to provide both candidates and clients with a thorough, professional and effective service.